What does your bedroom look like?
Do you have things thrown across the bed, dresser or even the floor? What about sheets for window treatments? You have to do better!! So you say you just need to get away. Well an inexpensive and smart idea would be to invest in recreating a more relaxing & inviting space for yourself. Simple changes can be made to achieve this new lifestyle.
1. Start by decluttering, this is extremely important. Put away those items that are an eye sore.
2. Organize (organize and store items away neatly). Those cute box storage containers that are sold at the dollar stores are great for this purpose. You still have access to your items but they are stored away in decorative boxes that compliment your decor.
3. Start with new bedding. You don’t have to break the bank. Try bedding outlet stores. A solid bedding set is usually of lesser price than patterns and this also gives you room to play up the room with dramatic accessories such as throw pillows, rugs and window treatments.
4. If you own the home PAINT! PAINT, PAINT, PAINT. Select a hue that will compliment the mood you are trying to achieve.
5. Accessorize! Very nice accessories such as mirrors, wall decor, candles and art can be purchased inexpensively at many close-out stores. Merchandise your accessories and display them in a manner that is visually appealing. if you have some items that already have the potential to be fabulously ‘remixed’ then go for it. The sky is the limit!
6. If you’re not confident in your own design skills, a great idea would be to find a room in a destination magazine and use it as your inspiration in recreating your new getaway!
Remix Home Staging & Styling
dannielle, interior stylist
The Absolute Accessory
Certified Professional Home Stager & Redesigner